We provide both sampling kits as well as analytical services to identify elements and compounds present in air ionizer tip deposits, which have formed as a result of the air ionizers reacting with Airborne Molecular Contamination (AMC) in cleanroom air.
With tip deposit identification, Balazs™ is able to help identify elements that aids pinpointing the AMC source, leading to the elimination/control of AMC. Such sampling and analyses can improve ionizer performance, reduce particulation and decrease risk to wafers, optics, reticles and scanners.
- Tip removal (for ceiling emitters)
- Crush tubes/ swabs (call first to discuss)
- Quadbars (call first to discuss)
Sampling Kits Offered
- Tip removal kit (for ceiling emitters)
- Balazs™ custom tweezers, 8 tip holders, field sampling instructions
To request a sample kit, click here.
- Scanning Electron Microscopy with Energy Dispersive X-Ray Spectroscopy (SEM-EDS), used for main elemental ID, provides surface analysis
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS), used for quantitative results of entire tip deposit
|APP0483 Air Ionizer Tip Deposit Analysis|
From straightforward compressed gas analysis, to air sampling and customized wet-chemical digestion schemes, our world-leading resources are the perfect fit for your unique needs.