We tackle challenging gas analysis problems by taking advantage of its unique combination of reactive gas handling knowledge, ultra-pure chemicals, and world-class analytical facilities.
From straightforward compressed gas analysis, to air sampling, to customized wet-chemical digestion schemes, we focus resources of the world’s largest industrial gas company on your problems.
Typical Gases Analyzed
- Carrier gases (N2, O2, H2, CDA)
- Rare (He, Ne, Ar, Kr, Xe)
- Advanced precursors (organosilicons, organometallics)
- Halocarbons (Freons™, fluorocarbons)
- Cleanroom air
- Air components
- Rare gases
- Trace metals
- Impurity surveys
- Pure-gas and gas mixture re-certifications
- Volatile contaminants
- Sulfur compounds
- Analysis of films deposited from gases
- Gas chromatography - mass spectrometry (GC-MS)
- Gas chromatography - discharge ionization detector (GC-DID)
- Gas chromatography - flame ionization detector (GC-FID)
- Total hydrocarbons analyzer (THC)
- Fourier-transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR)
- Real-time: Trace sulfur, Trace Oxygen, and Trace Moisture
- Other proprietary methods
In order to maintain full warranty coverage for steppers, manufacturers require tool owners to meet explicit air and purge gas contamination specifications. Additionally, periodic analyses of refractory compounds are also required. In order to fulfill these requirements, Balazs™ offers stepper/scanners environment analyses to meet ITRS and OEM requirements.